The aim of Common Progress Co Na S.A. is to provide quality sea transportation services to its charterers and high standards of bulk carrier ship operation and maintenance.
In order to achieve those aims, the company has set in place a Quality and Safety Management system whose purpose is to ensure that:
To this extend the company determines the processes needed for a quality management system, the sequence and interaction, the risks, criteria and methods to ensure that:
- The Company’s operation meets customers, statutory and management’s requirements.
- The Company establishes targets to be achieved.
- The Company reviews and evaluates results from established procedures.
- The Company continually improves the effectiveness of the documented procedures.
The necessary procedures required to achieve the purposes set out above, are included in the company’s operating manuals and are regularly reviewed to ensure consistency and effectiveness.
- Cargoes are transported safely, quickly and reliably.
- Ships are always in conformity with the requirements of the National and International rules and regulations, including ISO 9001:2015, ISM and ISPS Codes.
- Office and ship personnel understand the company’s aims and work as efficiently as possible towards their achievement.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION POLICY
Shipboard safety and the prevention of accidents, which could result to damage to the environment and property, as well as the health of all the crewmembers on board the ships, are considered, by the Company, to be matters of top priority.
On this view, the Company's Organisation and Operation system:
- Is committed to achieving efficient operational and Safety standards, on board the company’s ships and
- Concentrates on:
- Meeting the requirements of the ISM Code which sets the Safety Management standards for the "Safe Operation of Ships and Pollution Prevention".
- Complying with the valid mandatory rules and regulations concerning safety and environmental protection.
- Providing for safe practices in ship operation, and a safe working environment, in order to protect the life and health of its employees and of those involved in the ships in general.
- Operating in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Establishing safeguards against identified risks.
- Avoiding damage to the public property.
- Improving the safety management skills of personnel ashore and onboard the company’s ships.
HEALTH AND HYGIENE POLICY
Company holds health and hygiene as first priority in its operations, while its outmost concern is to always ensure that all shore staff and seagoing personnel execute their work under safe and hygienic conditions. In order to ensure high standards of health and personal hygiene, the Company:
The Company’s goal is to achieve the highest standards of health and personal hygiene through continuous improvement.
- Complies with all applicable legislation and regulations, observes relevant guidelines, and applies relevant standards.
- Seeks to identify and evaluate health and hygiene risks related to its operations that potentially affect employees, contractors or the public and establishes appropriate safeguards.
- Communicates knowledge about health and hygiene risks to individuals in potential risk or organizations and the scientific community.
- Determines at the time of employment and thereafter, as appropriate, the medical fitness of employees to perform their work without undue risk to themselves or others.
- Implements programs and appropriate protective measures to control such risks, including appropriate monitoring of employees in potential risk.
- Provides or arranges, as appropriate, for medical services necessary for the treatment of employee occupational illnesses or injuries and for the handling of medical emergencies.
- Undertakes appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this Policy.
Information about employees are confidential and should not be revealed to non-medical personnel except at the request of the employee concerned, or when required by law, when dictated by overriding public health considerations, or when necessitated by the Company’s Drug and Alcohol Policy.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE POLICY
The drug and alcohol abuse and its consequences are one of the most serious social problems of our ages, detaining intensely the public opinion and the governments of several countries. The Company's Target is that there is no seafarer, on board her managed ships, who is involved in sailing or operates the ship's machinery, under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
No duties will be performed while under the influence of alcohol or drugs .Only limited consumption of alcoholic drinks is allowed when not in duty and under the discretion of the Master. The use of any substance, resulting to the person's unusual behaviour during the execution of his work, is not allowed, Flag, Port or Coastal State requirements which exceed the requirements of this policy shall be adhered to as if included in this policy.
Any form of drug, with the exception of prescribed drugs, is totally banned on Company managed vessels. Personnel on prescribed drugs must declare this fact to the Master upon joining the vessel, or upon prescription if prescribed during the period of service onboard. The Master if on prescribed drugs must declare this fact to the company prior joining the vessel, or upon prescription if prescribed during the period of service onboard.
24 hours before the ship enters the USA territorial waters, all beverages are locked in a safe place and the key is held by the Master. The use of alcohol by the pilot during the execution of his duties is prohibited as well.